at the pumpkin patch

Monday, May 12, 2008

It's all over, but it was great!

It's all over, but it was a wonderful weekend. My Mom and I celebrated Mother's Day Saturday. We went to the mall and got candels and bath stuff. We got a coffee at Gloria Jeans, left the mall and went to a clothing store and got a couple new outfits, then we went to lunch at Olive Garden, and then we finally did it...we went and got our nails done. Both of us for the first time. My Mom only got a french manicure, she didnt' have them do anything else. I decided to get tips, and I couldn't be happier. I guess I will be going back in a week or two to have them filled in, but I really like them. We had such a wonderful day. Then of course yesterday being Mothers day, after church we went out to eat, again. We normally don't go out to eat on Mother's Day, just because to me it isn't enjoyable to fight the crowd, this was the first and hopefully last time we go out! But we did have a nice time. My oldest son got me a rose, as did my daughter, and my middle son got me a locket that said Mom on it. My kids are at the age now where they can reasonably say what they want to get other's for gifts, and I think it was awesome what they picked out. Especially for my middle son, he is the one with autism, and he said a necklace. I will treasure it forever. Yes it simply was a wonderful day. Ta-Ta for now!

No comments: