Well for the most part it's been calm around here..thankfully. I am feeling better everyday, however still having problems..I go to the Dr tomorrow and can't wait to see what her suggestion will be! Well we had a really nice fall party this past Saturday..there were several there and it turned out to be a nice day. We had the seed spitting contest and my kids, even my daughter spit her seed pretty far...I think my hubby was proud! ha ha. The kids played a leaf blowing game, where they had to blow a leaf across the table and back with a straw..and hubby played and was proud he beat his 5 year old daughter...ha ha. (sound like a fair match to you?) Here is a suggestion...if you are buying hot dogs for a cookout..don't get turkey hot dogs..... we learned something from this. My Mom purchased these hot dogs, and when the men went to roast them, they wouldn't "plump" up, they would just burn..so everyone was laughing all evening about the hot dogs....and after much discussion, those who complained the most, get to purchase the hot dogs next year..see what you get for complaining? It was all in good fun though.
Well this coming weekend, probably Sunday after church we are going for a drive to an apple orchard, which we have yet to do this season. We're usually much earlier about it, but since I haven't been up to par lately, we have had to put it off. It should be fun..the kids always have a good time. I love taking their pictures in the pumpkin patch, they turn out to be some really cute pictures.
Well 20 more days and counting.......it's nice the news media helps us count down to my hubby's birthday..(well maybe there is something else going on November 4th that's important too...oh yeah the election)..but most of all it's hubby's birthday! So then for 20 day's well be the same age...35........ then I'll be older once again! However speaking of the election...don't forget to get out and vote! I love voting..I love the day after too! Our small town always post how many votes went to what party and it always interests me...our town so far has always been waaaay republican...it's a small farming community..population around 2000. So this year because one of the candidates is from Illinois.... I am just wondering how the vote will go.... I don't see my vote changing just because a candidate if from Illinois. From where I live all the politician's that are from Chicago, stay with Chicago and forget about the rest of Illinois. (even our own Governor..who decided not to live in the State Capital..but instead keep his family in Chicago, thus taking money from our area)...anyway can you tell I am completely happy with our governer? I enjoy politics...but get tired of it after awhile when I see no real changes.... so I am just ready for this election to be completely over...and see what the new president has in store!
We had our women's study last night at church..we are studying on contentment. One would think that we should be content all the time. But after going thru last nights study..I understand why to some degree I am not content all the time. I am content in my home, and with my life, but I am not content to be on this earth forever...nor do I want to be here forever. There is a certain amount of discontent we should have when it comes to being here on this earth..we should be thirsting and longing for our new home with Jesus. I never really saw having discontentment as a positive thing.... don't get me wrong, I still think we should be content most of the time in our lives.....let go of the burdens we are carrying...and let God be God.
Well I will remember that my opinions and beliefs may not be yours...and I know that you are wrong..(just kidding! :) ) I know that we can have differences and still be friends..some of the people I know in my life are complete opposite of my views..but we have mutual respect for one another... and are still able to talk.... amazing huh?
ta-ta for now
D!
at the pumpkin patch
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment