at the pumpkin patch
Saturday, July 12, 2008
ooops....almost forgot to name this one!
Well a week has gone by and I am even more exhausted then I was last weekend, or rather, I don't think I have caught up on anything remotely looking like relaxation this past week. Maybe next weekend...... Well actually we are taking the kids to see the new movie Wall-E. With the support group that we are in (for children/families with autism) they have a free movie event, where children and their families are invited to watch a movie for free. We have planned on going to 2 0r 3 other movie events that have passed, and never got to go, due to weather or sickness, so we are really looking forward to going to this one! Honey-pie is one of the chapter board members so he is supposed to work the table at the theater... hopeful he will get to, if he doesn't have to work! The kids at the theater tend to be a little louder, and they don't turn the lights all the way down, and they turn the volume of the movie down a little bit. My son has never been to a movie theater before, because we never knew how he would react due to these things, so it is nice to be able to try it for free first. He has however been to our local drive-in theater, where we hope to go again this summer! So as far as relaxing next Saturday, well maybe after the movie, we'll see! I haven't gotten any of my pictures from my son's birthday developed yet, but I hope to soon. For the fourth we were out at our camper, and we had a great time....the campground put on a great display of fireworks! We were all really impressed with them. Our small town must have decided not to do fireworks right now, but they are doing them at our county fair later this month...wooo-hooo. I am being sarcastic....If they can have them at our fair why not for the 4th? I am sure that it is something to do with money and all that stuff...what isn't anymore!? Well on to something else! Ok, now don't laugh, but I have already started Christmas shopping. It's just a little over 5 months away. And with 3 little ones to buy for, I can't afford to wait till the last minute! I actually start buying Christmas presents the day after Christmas for the following year, and I buy and plan all year long. Some people just laugh,,,but hey, you do what you got to do! Sometimes the bargains I get in the summer are well, well worth it! Although I usually forget all that I have as I start going thru everything! And then I think, why did I get soooo much! My honey-pie says the same thing! He thinks we should limit them to 5 or 6 presents a piece, which is a good number, but that is still 15/18 presents, plus presents from other family and friends! It does get to be alot! Well, enough about Christmas...... it is still summer after all, although from our weather one probably wouldn't know it! We have been inundated with more rain this weekend...not the drizzle type, but the torrential down pour kind. I drove today on a road I drive often and there was water on the roadway's everywhere. One house in a town next to ours got flooded due to the water in the road way...how awful. I am sure they never thought they would need flood insurance. Our river is on the rise again, and I pray it goes down as quickly as it has come up! Well I am in need of a good nights rest so I will say adieu! Talk to ya later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Christmas shopping in July???? You go girl. I'll be one of the insane shopper's out on Christmas Eve. Just to let you know I have updated my blog!!!
Post a Comment